Thursday, February 3, 2011

Flashback to the 80's

People in Montreal are outgoing and a little crazy but thats what makes it so special.I love living in Montreal for various reasons. One reason is because it hosts all sorts of fun and interesting events.

This year a small venue called LaTulipe is hosting an 80's night every saturday where they play 80's pop music all night.

When a friend of mine invited me to join in the fun I just couldn't say no. So I started shopping around for an outfit.

My Inspiration: Marc Jacobs Fall 2009 Runway Show


 

Its all about the big hair and strong colours. I must say the moment I saw the yellow velour fabric Marc Jacobs used I immediately fell in love!



Ok ladies, you have got to admit... deep down inside you are dying to wear a jacket just like this one.



If only they sold nylons like those at Winners!


Wow! I am loving the entire look! The hair is stunning and the dress is even more amazing. Who would of ever thought yellow velour could look so good!

 

Thank you Marc jacobs, you never cease to amaze!

Now that I was inspired I set off on a shopping spree.

I beleive you can find an outfit for virtually any event for a reasonable price. So, I decided to hit up the second hand stores. To my great pleasure, I found not 1 but 2 outfits! And so cheap! Both cost less than    20$ each. Now that's what I call a bargain!

So now that I had a choice of outfits I decided to start looking for ideas on how to do my hair and makeup.
Check out my next post to see what I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment